pope bisects and trisects

Stick">
13 messages - 9731 views

I would be very grateful if anyone has some practical information on these, seem like the ultimate travel board but I have concerns of he front half flipping up into my face road runner style on a big day. tongue

Listen up Pilgrims

Hey Crew,

Received a response from bisects Australia, nice guys. Basically the 9 footer in the image below will cost you $2054 AUSD plus internal shipping. The carbon fibre 'stealth' models wont arrive here until mid year apparently, I think I'm going to wait for that. But dig the dimensions on the 11'6" trisect all packed up - thats pretty small. Wonder if anyone would tthink you were about to set up a sniping rifle if you rocked up on the beach and started unzipping that bad boy hmmm

The 9 footer is 9'0'' length, 18" nose, 22" width, 13.75" tail, 2.88" thick, 6.4kg in weight. Does that sound like an all round performer 2-8 feet type of board?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I'm a bisectual with a 9' mango, very happy with it...... packs away in its travelbag and you get a lot of interest when you pull it out and assemble it, ten minutes set up.No flipping fronts weighs about normal mal weight! structurally 2X4'6" segments are stronger than a normal board. The big fin they supplied doesn't suit me and would be better for Californian type waves. Australian short period waves you might want to tune the fins, I'm using Future Fin Vectors and a selected shorter fin but tune to your tracks not mine.Very pleased with all aspects now I have the fin factor finessed.Cost is a little radical at first but when you consider that local small airline wanted to charge $300 each way to get to Sydney and back Nah!!!!Also it is my ambition to surf the Mascaret for my sixtieth birthday wine bar to wine bar.Tread softly and carry a big stick

Happy old fart!

Any experience of thoughts on the 10 foot Trisect Jaff? This would be the only way for me to have the room to store something like that for that special day at the point.

Did it come with a hatchet fin or something. You using a 9" Dolphin?

Carbon fibre models look good - hard to get from what I hear.

Listen up Pilgrims

JW the fin it came with was a Pope floating fin. Very broad base and in short period beach breaks was like turning a barge.Using 7" centre fin, I am using a hatchet fin in my short board (8') with Future fins 3/6/4 vector fins with a variable rake and cant they suit the break where I live well, even control on the foam ball when I occasionally visit it, sometimes I even make it back outtongueBoth boards need down the line speed and function and good turning arc.I know the bisect will only take Future fins as the outriders centre fin try it as you wish.As for the trisect how are you in the weight for age stakes?I improved my surfing way out by losing 20kgs my health too currently 100kgs momentum through turns.

Happy old fart!

JW the fin it came with was a Pope floating fin. Very broad base and in short period beach breaks was like turning a barge.Using 7" centre fin, I am using a hatchet fin in my short board (8') with Future fins 3/6/4 vector fins with a variable rake and cant they suit the break where I live well, even control on the foam ball when I occasionally visit it, sometimes I even make it back outtongueBoth boards need down the line speed and function and good turning arc.I know the bisect will only take Future fins as the outriders centre fin try it as you wish.As for the trisect how are you in the weight for age stakes?I improved my surfing way out by losing 20kgs my health too currently 100kgs momentum through turns.

Happy old fart!

Mid 30's about 90 kg. Last holiday at Snapper struggled fighting with everyone at the point on an eight footer and then I went and hired a 10 foot log from Kirra Surf - just sat out at Greenie and picked off empty wave after wave - easily the longest rides of my life. Just pivoting on the tail and shuffling along the nose - perfect speed, no need to move. I wish I had my 9 footer for that trip, wonder if I could have done it the same and not have sacrificed as much length for performance ratio.

Listen up Pilgrims

An interesting phenomena is when I go from my shorty to my longy i often bury the nose to the length of the shorty on the first couple of steep take offs then I'm fine.I think this may be what others do to???????Variety makes you flexible in skill and attitude. Boards are not to blame, the attitude driving them can be! Each type of board presents different ways to give or lose respect.Loggerrythms are not rocket science.wicked

Happy old fart!

An interesting phenomena is when I go from my shorty to my longy i often bury the nose to the length of the shorty on the first couple of steep take offs then I'm fine.

Yep, do it every time. As I paddle back out I replay the moment and think WTF, youve been doing this for years and your still blowin bottom turns? Next wave I make a mental note to see what I am doing wrong and I see that I am way to far forward when paddling for a wave (used to the shortboard length in front of me) and when I stand up I am at least midpoint on the board with no weight anywhere near a control surface / fin down aft - so no chance of turning. I agree though, variety is the spice of surfing.

Only when you eat the peanuts outta my sheit

just thought I'd bring all the pending Bi and Tri sectuals out there up to date!I've been playing swapsies with my normal mal and 9ft mango Bisect in a session to see and compare performance. Both are going well. The bisect is alttle more corky and needs drive and does drift under a section like a standard mal but adapt or die are the key words.Next travel benefits; have yet to take it OS,will see as I have cameras etc to go. Soon!keep surfing enjoysmilesmile

Happy old fart!

You must be registered or logged in to post to this topic. Login/Register