mascaret or severn bore advice needed

Stick">
19 messages - 18809 views

This is addressed to Pegasus but if anyone else wishes to help please do.I plan to surf the Mascaret this year in France to celebrate 51 years surfing and 60 living! I was born in the first half of the last century and my aim for this trip in May or June 2009 is to surf from St Pardon as far as I can upstream. I would like to talk with Bore surfers and if France isn't the go alternate to the Severn Bore in England. Love to hear from experienced Boring surfers

Happy old fart!

Hey Jaff, I think there is a decent write up of the Severn Bore on the site actually with a few link to the club that regularly surf it, tides and moon required etc. I want to tick this off my list as well but the thing that always stumps me is what board to ride it. Looks like the most successful riders are on 10 footer + boards. Might be hard to get one for one wave over there. Pope Trisect maybe?

Longboarding > You

Thanks I'd already read your atlas notes on the Severn Bore full details there,and I'm hoping to snare a bit of local knowledge and contacts beyond your inital recce.Got my bisect ready to go as I also intend to surf Peniche area in Portugal. Lagide looks goodish... will comment on all I partake of.A bynote for your submariner and navy fans there was a bore in the Seine which sank the French navy preparing for invasion of England several times.Baffles and coffer dams on the Seine now prevent this happening.Prequel revenge for the Rainbow Warrior!

Happy old fart!

Ha nice. I also know that rabbbit is NEVER served as a meal on French ships and submarines because during one of those instances, the lines holding the ships to the shore were weakened by rabbits having chewed through them smile

I will bend like a reed in the wind...

BuggerunhappyunhappyunhappyCheck the tides the star etc for May 2009 the two bore both the Severn and the Mascaret do their best work in September of 2009 May looks like an unlikely prospect WAAAHunhappyThink I'll go surf Scotland instead between Lossiemouth and Banff! OH! Chillin Cahones!Maudib you're getting a few spots in strange waters under your belt. Fremen wanderings on spice or navy visits? smile

Happy old fart!

Ha, bit of both. Been digging out some old charts of the breaks I surfed back in the day and some of the ones I tried my best to get down to..ahh, one day wicked

I will bend like a reed in the wind...

Was reading on the magic seaweed forums that some kid almost drowned at severn the other day? How? If you fall off its all over until the next day isnt it?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOQ5SiH19dM shows what happened. The wave washed him off the bank but this was all in 2007.Sad thing no-one tried to help him, but h climbed out himself.Other thing of note was the stupid jet ski drivers mashing the whole thing up

Happy old fart!

Then of course they can use a lot more for the same result with the silver dragon in China.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUThd5cGpko&feature=related

Note for admin about posting other videos and copyright? What to do?

Happy old fart!

I'm a regular on the Severn. What do you want to know?

WE ARE THE BORE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED

You must be registered or logged in to post to this topic. Login/Register